Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Busy couple of days

Doug caught a bug and we didn't get down to the city until Tuesday early noon, We met with the AP's and went over apartment concerns then off to "Pipers Kilt" to a yummy burger place with all the office staff & AP's. The burgers were at least 4 inches deep. Quite a mouthful. Yummmm!

Then off to the Bronx to patch holes in the wall of an apartment then off to Manhattan to help restore power to an outlet in a bathroom in another apartment. Grabbed a bite at Panera Bread then to the Farnsworth's to play a quick game of "hearts". We had never played it before. Fun game. Then back to the Mission Home for the night. Met the 3 new greenie Elders who just arrived, visited for while. Elder Anderson is from Loa, Wayne County, where Doug's family is from.

Up early, tried to help sister Searle with breakfast, but she is so organized everything was done the night before. She is so amazing. After a yummy fun breakfast we were off down to the Bronx to meet a guy to look at an apartment for Elders. Yeah! it was a nice roomy apartment for a good deal. We put money down to hold it and then was off to the Kingsbridge chapel in in the Bronx to catch the last part of the Transfer meeting. Then off to Norwalk Connecticut to look at two other apartments there. Looked at both and decided on the last of the two and put money down to hold it till we could get back on Saturday. We hurried back to the mission office in Scarsdale, picked up the security deposit and 1st mo. rent checks for the apt. in the Bronx we just located, took them over to the mission home to have Pres. Searle sign them, then back to the Bronx to sign the lease and hand over the money. It's 4:30 pm, time to head to north Manhattan, Inwood, park in the underground parking beneath the chapel, pick up the truck and trailer that transports the "Reflection of Christ" exhibit and down to the chapel in the temple building to load the pictures and equipment then downtown, way down town to the Union Sqare chapel to deliver the pictures. Yes of course the traffic was and is aweful. Double parking and unloading in the middle of the street is truely an adventure. We are now headed back to north Manhattan in Inwood and will drop off the truck and trailer and pick up our car and spend the night at the mission home as it is 9:30 pm. It's been a long very productive day. Hopefully we will get to close our eyes before it is tomorrow.

No comments: