Thursday, August 7, 2008

We love you THELMA BROWN

We are again saddened at the passing of a cherished friend Sister THELMA BROWN. She is my hero, I want to be like Thelma when I grow up. We adopted each other as family when we first met. She has been struggling with her health ever since her sweetheart Reed passed away June 23, 2000. I was blessed with the opportunity to go visiting teaching with Thelma, and blessed to just visit her with open arms always. She is one of those Elite women like you read about in the scriptures. Her last several years were spent in a Nursing home. She was well loved there and anywhere she lived. She moved up to Centerville this past winter to be close by family. I am so excited for her to be with her beloved husband. She was so lonely for him. I know too that she will look up my Clint and give him all my love, as we talked about that many times. Clint used to collect fast offerings from the Browns and Reed would always tease him. Oh, how I will miss you Thelma, you have blessed my life immensely, as well as others. Doug and I will miss our visits with you, but know that we will see you again and embrace with a sweet tenderness. I will always be grateful for your friendship, counsel, love, example and memories. I will always remember how important it is to "Bloom where you are planted" no matter where I am or what I am doing.

No comments: