Thursday, August 7, 2008

P-day adventure

Lisa, (the Elder's investigator), was so kind to cut Elder Mook and Gale's hair and help me do mine. Thanks Lisa, you are great!

Management for our building we in set up for the Bug Man to spray every condo. So we hung around for him to come and go. During the wait the Elders came over and watched Work and the Glory 3. Lisa, an investigator they are teaching came over and her and I went to the beauty supply store to pick up some things for her to do my hair. She was gracious enough to help me take care of my gray popping thru and I was brave enough to let her do my hair. I was the ginny-pig. The first time she has weaved hi-lites. She actually is not licensed but would like to be. She had to quite school because the commute was getting too expensive. It went a little lighter than I expected, but never the less, the gray is gone. So thanks to you Lisa. The guys didn't want to stick around for the transformation so they took off and went fishing to a new place down the road about 10 miles to a place called "Wurtsboro".

Lisa and her son Carlos are set to get baptized this Sunday. She has many questions and is quite a scholar of the bible. The Elders are doing a great job teaching and answering her questions. Doug and I have gone over and helped teach on about 3 occasions. She is awesome. Carlos is 11 and comes to our basketball hour on saturdays.

No comments: