Sunday, August 17, 2008

RS Enrichment Activity


We had our first Relief Society Enrichment activity since we have been here in Monticello. It was a book review. 5 of us showed up. We had a good time and even celebrated Sister Annie Pyrum's birthday with cake. She was very happy to have us remember her and sing happy birthday.

On my way in the building there were several does and fawns out on the church lawn. The little fawns were frolicking and chasing back and forth. They weren't the least concerned about me as they played and chased together. My camera said no battery as I attempted to take a picture, didn't realize it had taken this picture until I was able to charge the battery. They were so cute. Just like little puppies running and chasing each other.

We also discussed that it would be a good idea to try to have a ward choir. So sunday after church there were 5 that stayed after for practice. It is a good start. We definitely are on "Mormon Standard time" here in Monticello. Sacrament meeting gets started about 10:10, by about 10:35 we have had about 10 more show up. I help go pick up people while Doug is at a meeting right before church every week.

No comments: