Monday, March 17, 2008

Why can't we learn the first time?

The first time it happened I thought, "Okay, I learned a good lesson, Don't reach for anything in the cupboards over the stove. I'll just get Doug to do it." I was in my jammas reaching up over the stove while cooking eggs, my Jamma top dangling over the open fire, we have a gas stove, didn't know it had caught fire until I put down the crock pot I had grabbed. It scarred me pretty good. It is a really strange feeling looking down and seeing my shirt on fire. Well I have been very careful since then. But yesterday after church we were home fixing dinner, Potatoes were cooking on the stove, I needed something over the stove in the cupboard and reached up for it, dang, it happened again. This time I was in one of my nice church suits. The top didn't catch fire, but it melted because it is polyester. So I have a nice melted spot and some discoloration. I am so grateful that I didn't get hurt, but there is a potential. Hope the "third" time isn't the charm. I hope there is not a third time!

No comments: